It is time to lay down my predictions about what we will eventually conclude about the damage caused by the government reaction to the coronavirus pandemic.
It will take time, but we will eventually prove government actions caused horrible damage. We will quantify the destruction willfully inflicted.
The predictions are here.
Concluding comments are here.
Since April 2020 I have been writing about the damage caused by the economic shutdown imposed by federal and state governments. Over 200 posts on this blog point out the economic, political, social, educational, and medical damage directly caused by government action.
I started writing in early April 2020 calling out the danger of lockdowns with my first direct complaint on 4/26/20 about the damage caused by government actions.
To lay down my first marker, here is the headline and first paragraph from back in late April 2020:
“We are past the point where the damage caused by the lockdown is greater than the damage caused by the coronavirus. The damage could start compounding. Here are just a few of the recent articles making this point:”
Government actions which caused harm.
A variety of intentional government actions at the federal and state levels have caused harm. Those actions include but are not limited to:
- Economic shutdown
- Shutting down allegedly “non-essential” businesses and churches
- Closing most business offices.
- Closing schools in many jurisdictions.
- Remote learning for students all the way from kindergarten through postgraduate levels.
- Closing many doctor’s offices.
- Banning allegedly “nonessential” medical procedures.
- Banning life-essential medical procedures which are not immediately life-threatening.
- Generating a fear level that chased people away from medical offices even if those offices were open.
- Flooding the economy with liquidity to the tune of billions of dollars created by fiat through the Federal Reserve Bank.
- Massive deficit spending to the tune of several trillion dollars.
- Directly expected consequence of disrupting the world-wide supply chain.
Next post is my predictions of what will eventually be the consensus on harm willfully caused by federal and state governments.