This discussion will highlight some comments in the appeals. Will have a few observation from an auditor perspective along the way. Might want to get a fresh cup of coffee before you dig in. This will be a long post.
- California A.G. files cease & desist order against 3 large charities alleging donated medicine was overvalued
- Three charities file appeal of California AG Cease and Desist order
- Financial info for the 4 charities the California AG accuses of overvaluing donated medicine.
Catholic Medical Mission Board appeal
At seven pages, this appeal is a bit shorter than the others. The page count includes the proof of service and a cover sheet which is the page the AG provided to request an appeal.
In the appeal, CMMB denies all the factual allegations and conclusions of law (para 4). Specific assertions are listed for emphasis:
- The AG is not properly interpreting GAAP.
- Geographic restrictions on medicine do not make the US a prohibited market for valuation purposes.
- Representations to California citizens are neither unfair nor deceptive.
In the appeal, CMMB requests: