Fraud devastates an organization. The damage to the fraudster and loved ones is also severe.
A series of posts on my other blog, Attestation Update, explores the ripple effects of one specific fraud.
Mrs. Amy Wilson embezzled from her employer. After completing her prison term, she started rebuilding her shattered life. She is sharing her story.
Here are my posts in this series:
- One accountant’s journey through fraud, jail, and rebuilding – a reprint, with her permission, of her story
- Trust is not an internal control
- Tragedy of fraud – another case study – 1
- Tragedy of fraud – another case study – 2
- Fraud Triangle – a case study
- Taking ownership
Again, thanks to Mrs. Wilson for permission to reprint her article.