Church Law & Tax reports responses from 1,151 churches to describe Church Giving Trends over the Last Year (2014). Great info graphic at the link. Check it out.
Here’s the summary:
- 29% – portion of churches reporting a decrease in giving of 2% or more
- 29% – portion with giving levels about the same, which is defined in the survey as plus or minus 2%
- 41% – portion reporting giving going up 2% or more
If you want to round that off to rough portions, that is about a third of churches with income declining, a third about the same, and roughly a third seeing giving levels going up.
Churches reporting a decrease provide this magnitude:
- 9% – drop between 2% and under 5%
- 12% – drop of 5% up to 10%
- 8% – drop by over 10%
Churches reporting an increase show these changes in giving:
- 20% – increase between 2% and under 5%
- 14 % – increase of 5% up to 10%
- 7 % – increase by over 10%
Previous posts on 2014 trends: