Best practices of Non-profit boards is a superb summary of how charity board members can do a better job.
Key ideas from the authors:
- Board member job descriptions and agreements
- Clear financial giving expectations
- Equip your board members to be valued ambassadors
- Tools for fund development
- Board self-assessment
- External counsel
- Strong agendas and meeting facilitation
Check out the article for a concise summary of each best practice.
Pick a couple of ideas to make your board stronger and more effective.
Article also has multiple suggestions for further reading. Check them out too.