Where can you find some comparability information for salary? To support that your nonprofit is providing reasonable compensation to your staff, you will need something to back up your conclusion the pay package is reasonable.
With a few minutes research, I found several resources. Prices and links as of the moment I looked at the websites.
The first three are already known in the religious community. Three more might be helpful as well. You can find more sources with a few minutes research on the ‘net, but this will get you started:
National Association of Church Business Administration:
- MinistryPay.com: The church salary survey of NACBA. $40. The print book is available at NACBA. An electronic subscription is available from MinistryPay.
Church Law and Tax
- 2014-2015 Compensation Handbook for Church Staff. $34.95. Several versions of the book are available on this page.
Christian Leadership Alliance
- Compensation Survey Report – $349 member / $499 non-member plus $20 shipping.
The NonProfit Times
- 2014 Salary and Benefits Report $285
- 2014 Nonprofit Organization Salary Report $185
- 2014 Nonprofit Organizations Top Executive Positions Salary and Special Perks Report $185 – Data for 15 most senior positions, essential the C suite.
- 2013 CEO Compensation Study – free. Yes free.
Center for Nonprofit Management
Full disclosure: I have no financial interest in any of the above resources.