The IRS announced standard mileage rates for 2014. You can find the announcement in IR-2013-05, which says:
Beginning on Jan. 1, 2014, the standard mileage rates for the use of a car (also vans, pickups or panel trucks) will be:
- 56 cents per mile for business miles driven
- 23.5 cents per mile driven for medical or moving purposes
- 14 cents per mile driven in service of charitable organizations
The business, medical, and moving expense rates decrease one-half cent from the 2013 rates. The charitable rate is based on statute.
The standard mileage rate for business is based on an annual study of the fixed and variable costs of operating an automobile. The rate for medical and moving purposes is based on the variable costs.
Standard rates previously:
- IRS standard mileage rates for 2013
- New standard mileage rates for 2012
- New optional mileage rate for last half of 2011
- Standard mileage rates for 2011 from IRS